Thursday, March 9, 2017

My thoughts on reading the FIRST page of William Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury is as follows:
- I'm confused.
- Caddy- as in the golf thing?
- Spark notes better have an awesome summary on this...
- The time shifts are too much for me
- Why is the n-word necessary, I mean, theres other less offensive words one can use.
- Who are all these people?
- Are they as cute as the guys in James Franco's movie?
- Mrs. Oles, my head hurts, can I have a tylenol instead of a novel?

My thoughts on reading the FIRST chapter of William Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury is as follows:
- Confusion is good when reading Faulkner, ask questions, answer later.
- Caddy is the desirable female character, that is depicted as sweet and attractive.
- Spark notes does nothing for comprehension of a novel, don't be tempted by this fabulous website
- N- Word: Although offensive and unnecessary, it shows the divide between the characters and the racism carried throughout this time period.
- You'll find out later Lauren, take notes.
- Lauren, no.
- OK to justify this last comment: I was in a bad mood, but after going through and really understanding the first chapter, I now know what must be done to understand this book: annotate, ask questions, and annotate some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment